1) Eat Less Meat – Meat is high in saturated fat and cholesterol levels, which will increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and Peripheral vascular disease. Variety of delicious vegetarian foodsare present, which will get you more creative in the kitchen!
2) Sustainable Seafood – If you love to eat fish always look for wild caught and sustainably raised seafood. Fish and seafood are good sources of protein and are typically low in fat.
3) Eat less processed foods – Processed foods rely on highly-processed corn syrup and doesn’t encourage a diverse food system.
4) Grow Your Own- have a terrace empty? Pot up some herbs like coriander or mint to spice up your food. Try to grow leafy greens and tomatoes, which will take less time to grow than any other vegetables. Terrace Gardening is awesome, and growing your food can be extremely rewarding.
5) Compost – If you have the space, you can build your own compost bin for yourself or else you can buy or make your own vermicomposting bin that can stay in your kitchen. By composting, you’re converting your food waste to nutrient rich soil for your garden or potted plants.