Essential oils are pure essence of health-promoting botanicals. It providecure for most commonly affecting health issues which include cold, sinus problems, headache, etc. This can be inhaled, incorporated into massage, applied topically and taken internally. It relieves muscle tension, muscle aches, sleep problems, respiratory issue and many more.
Here are some common essential oils and its explicit uses:
- Oils that relieve muscle pain, back pain and joint pain are Basil, Black Pepper, Cardamom, German Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemongrass, Marjoram, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree and more.
- Oils that acts as antiseptics are Basil, Bay Laurel, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cypress, Ginger, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemongrass, Litsea Cubeba, Marjoram, Niaouli, Patchouli, Peppermint, Pine, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Thyme and more.
- Oils that can be used as astringents are Cypress, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rosemary and more.
- Oils that can be the best expectorants are Basil, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Marjoram, Niaouli, Peppermint, Pine, Tea Tree, Thyme and more.
- Oils that can be used as tonic for enhancing the hormone system are Basil, German Chamomile, Fennel, Geranium, Juniper Berry, Peppermint, Rosemary, Spruce and more.
- Oils that are used as deodorants are Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Pine and more.
- Oils that help to ease the body temperature while fever are Basil, Bay Laurel, Black Pepper, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Spruce and more.
The use of essential oils are not limited, you may also use them as antidepressants, anti- inflammatory, decongestant, immune stimulants, and sedatives.
How to identify fake essential oils?
The ring test: Put a single drop of the oil on plain white printer paper. If an oily ring is formed after it get dried up, then the oil is fake. But this test is not applicable for oils such as sandalwood or patchouli, which are heavier and darker in nature.
You may avoid purchasing or storing essential oils in plastic containers as it can get ruined over a short period. It is always advisable to go for oils in glass bottles over the plastic ones. Also it is good to avoid the oils in bottles that have a rubber dropper, as the concentrated oil can turn the rubber to gum.